Jonathan . Mallory . Duke . Calvin

Its our life, and we love it.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ohhh...

Well, my friend Shawna's doing it. She is taking the plunge. Hooking up the old ball and chain. Tying the knot. Biting the big one (or is the "big one" death? I can't remember...).

Anyway, she is getting married July 2nd in Balls Falls, Canada (yes) to a great guy, Peter. I won't pretend that I know how to spell his last name, but it starts with an "O."

We were invited to their shower this Sunday (and of course, we were sent home with more food than we had in our refrigerator. And we're foodies). J spent most of his showering time watching Germany pound on Australia in the World Cup, while I mingled with the numerous amount of famous pro-triathletes from all over the world. (Seriously, I met the girl on the cover of Triathlon Magazine, along with a slew of other people who would make our cousin Scott lime green with envy.) All in all, I would call it a successful shower (even if J did forget his body wash).

The reason I'm sharing all this oh-so-interesting information with you is all because of the present we gave the happy couple. We stole borrowed the idea from Young House Love (check it out) so thanks John & Sherry!



It was a super easy (cool, meaningful, budget friendly) DIY project, and here is how we did it:

1. Find an "O" at the beginning of a chapter in our favorite George R. R. Martin book.
2. Take said "O" to FedEx Office and have them blow it up about 600%.
3. Frame it.

See? Easy-peasy. And I loved it so much, I am making an "R" picture for us next. What do you think? Easy enough? What other easy art have you made? I'm always looking for the next project.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

<3

Jill said...

hellooooo is anyone there? I LOVE love love the letters and the numbers but not as much as you :-)

44 22 :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails