Jonathan . Mallory . Duke . Calvin

Its our life, and we love it.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Trip to Dollywood.

Today is a nice, cool, rainy day in Oklahoma. We really needed this, its been so hot since our 104 degree welcome a month ago. Too bad today was the day I had the umption in my gumption to make headway on those dining room chairs. Oh well, I guess I'll have to curl up on the couch with a good book and some tea.

About the title of this post: just kidding. I am not going to the magical world of Dolly Parton any time soon. BUT I feel like my neck of the woods could be considered Dollywood right now.

You remember this? Oh yeah, and this too? Well, I'm at it again. This time, I had to make a little "Happy Birthday/Welcome to the World" present to my gorgeous little pseudo niece.

Meet Mollie Joy Palladino.



Isn't she the most precious little girl? She came into this world after making us all wait 13 days. Well, 9 months and 13 says. I do have to admit, it might be my fault she was so late. For the first 7 months of Katie's pregnancy, I was sure her due date was August 17, not August 4. Well, somehow I transmitted these thoughts to little Mollie, who decided to make her entrance on August 17, at 12:01am. Yep.

Anyway, I promptly got to work on a baby for the new baby. And here she is.



And since one day (far, far into the future) Mollie will hopefully be like a cousin to our children, I of course had to take a picture of Mollie's baby, with Millie. (You remember Millie, right?)



Did you notice that Millie has a new dress? The dress she wore in her last photo shoot was actually borrowed from another doll, so she has been sitting -gasp- naked in my closet for a while. And because J was concerned she would miss the freedom of not wearing clothes, I picked out a nice Americana, "Let Freedom Ring" sort of fabric for her new dress. And I even tried out a fancy stitch on my sewing machine.





See what I mean about Dollywood? Not only are there dolls galore, but the woman of the house is going a little bit kooky without her husband...

1 comment:

katie said...

awww! i'm glad i got on here to see this... i dont get on here to read nearly enough. mollie loves her doll and cant wait to have her "cousin" millie here to play with in real life :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails