Jonathan . Mallory . Duke . Calvin

Its our life, and we love it.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Since I know some of you may not have appreciated the last post like the rest of us, I'm double posting today! Cue excitement. Yes, you're more excited than you actually know right now.

And because the last two posts have been pretty much dedicated to mushy, ooey, gooey, love...this post is dedicated to destruction. Intergalactic domination. For those of you who know this, I am relieved that I do not have to admit it to you again. For those of you who do not already know this, please don't judge. We all have our nerdy moments.

I love Star Wars. When I was a little girl, I dreamed of one day growing up and marrying Han Solo. I had a Star Wars themed birthday party when I was 10. We went to see the re-release of A New Hope. I have two light sabers in my house right now. And they are foam. So we can really hit each other hard. Real light saber fights.

Phew, I'm glad I got that off my chest. Now, as much as a Star Wars dweeb I am, my husband is about 10x worse. He has a Yoda key chain. He has Star Wars t-shirts. He owns all 6 episodes on VHS, DVD, and is counting down to the Blue Ray release. He has CDs. And listens to them daily. He even listens to the Star Wars NPR radio show every night before bed.

And he plays with Legos.


I've just realized that I have catered to two specific crowds in my double posts today. Hopefully something in one of these two posts entertained you.

Anyway. I love when I find these little Lego guys in different spots than they were before. If it looks deliberate, I know it was my sweet little Star Wars obsessed husband who was playing. If it looks a little more haphazard, I know it was the sinister Darth Calvin...



Yes. We have passed on our love for things that happened in a galaxy far, far away to our "children." We've lost a stormtrooper helmet already. The other day I caught the cat trying to take another helmet to wherever he hid the first one. Our cat loves playing Star Wars Legos.

2 comments:

AJD ∞ said...

This made me so happy. And I did laugh out loud!

Rochelle said...

Darth Calvin is hysterical. Great job catching him in action! I can imagine him coming back to the scene of the crime only to have to "attack" again. Very cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails