Jonathan . Mallory . Duke . Calvin

Its our life, and we love it.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Vignettes

UGH. Do you ever find something so inspiring, so unique and so awe inspiring, you just want to give up everything and move to Canada??


I'm slowly coming out of my dreams of Canadian Christmases on the water, and even more slowly coming back to the reality of my Oklahoma Christmas on base.

Don't get me wrong. I love my house. I do. I get amazing natural light. Its the perfect size. And it is filled with the ones I love most.

I especially love my house all decked out in Christmas decor. For those of you who know how I roll, you know I'm not a crazy seasonal decorator. Now, that being said, I want you to know it is Christmastime when you enter my house. So I've hung the stockings on the back of the dining room chairs with care, dressed the tree with love and red, covered up the nautical pillows, and added a few little touches here and there. Today we will focus on one of the "little touches."



You may remember the (unexpected) splash of navy and white I had hanging above the couch before the holiday season. It did not fit in. While I love navy and white, when it comes to Christmas, I subscribe to the green, gold, red, and white color scheme. So with a spare bit of fabric (a hint for tomorrows post) and a vintage 'Twas the Night Before Christmas book (I scored from the thrift store for 78 cents!) I used frames I already had and created a little visual vignette for your viewing pleasure.

And I know what you're thinking.

           That looks awesome Mallory! You rock! I love your house and your style! Come to my house and decorate! What are in those frames?

Why thank you for wondering! I cut up the old St. Nick book and framed them in dollar store frames (which, in spite of the following pictures, are all the same color).








So, if you consider that the fabric would have just been thrown into the scrap drawer (as it was meant for a different project), plus I had all 7 frames on hand, I spent 78 cents on this arrangement. Not bad, eh? What cheap and luxe holiday decor have you been working on lately? Impressed with the 78 cent price tag? Or maybe you have me beat, 52 cents, anyone?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails