Jonathan . Mallory . Duke . Calvin

Its our life, and we love it.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Everything is OK.

We made it! Spent all day Thursday packing, cleaning, packing, and cleaning, and then hopped in the car (not without a quick trip to Red Robin -Yum!-) and headed west. And south. And believe me, we're south.

We of course needed to say goodbye to our house, and I left a lot of tears on the carpet for the carpet cleaners to get out. But once I got my crybaby tears out, we were ready for bigger and better things (or smaller, and more Air Force-y things, at least).



And as we were walking out to our car for the last time from our house, Colorado said goodbye to us.



NOW, we're on the road. I slept for the first portion (the expressway portion) and was woken up around 4:30am to drive my leg of the trip. The Kansas/Oklahoma, "We don't believe in highways" leg. It was long. But less boring than I thought it was (Thank you Jim Dale).

As we crossed into our now home state, we pulled out the must-have accessory...



Yes, mine is a homemade cowboy hat. J took my sunhat and safety pinned the sides up. You know you are jealous.

After J woke up, the drive was very quick. And then we were home. In Oklahoma. It's still weird to me. At least OK gave us a nice warm welcome. A 104 degree warm welcome.

So we made it! Stay tuned this week for a house tour... and maybe a few pictures of Calvin getting comfortable in our new home.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails