Jonathan . Mallory . Duke . Calvin

Its our life, and we love it.

Monday, March 15, 2010

A Pretty Expensive Weekend...

So, I am still writing on the computer at work, so no pictures of our lovely life in CO (and it really is lovely... 60 degrees and not a cloud in the sky today!). Which brings me to the post title. It has been a pretty, scratch that, very expensive weekend at the Recor Household.

Saturday, Jon and I had all sorts of errands to run before we were supposed to grill with our friends for dinner. The first stop was to get an oil change. Someone (me) had lost our free oil change coupon, so we were already a little bummed we were going to have to spend money on this. Well, about 10 minutes after we got there, they discretely came to get one of us to tell us we need new tires. Yep. Brand new tires. Oh, and our whole day was spent at the auto shop. So much for grilling and finishing our errands that day!

As I have mentioned a few times, our computer is not really up for doing any work lately. It's old, but I was so hoping it would last us until Jon was on active duty. So much for that! All day Sunday was spent going from store to store, Office This to Office That, pricing computers.

It sure is a good thing we like to save our money. Although, even though we have the money to spend, it sure doesn't make it any easier to do so.

I think I'll go outside and enjoy some of this beautiful weather now. Remind myself that money is a very small part of the grand scheme of things.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails