Jonathan . Mallory . Duke . Calvin

Its our life, and we love it.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Love & Marriage



Tonight was "Spouses Night" at Det 90 (Jon's ROTC detachment here at Colorado State). Spouse night is an optional event for cadets and their significant others (I was the only wife!). There is a panel of Air Force Spouses, and tonight we had a couple who were BOTH in the Air Force (yikes!), a wife of one of the Captains at the detachment (who is a personal trainer; I obviously attached myself to her), a retired AF Officer who has been married for 52 (!!) years, and a retired AF Reserve Officer and his wife.

We were able to ask questions about what it is like moving every few years, how it is being a spouse to an AF Officer, what it is like raising Air Force Brats, and basically whatever else you can think of. It was really nice hearing about how easy it will be to be a personal trainer on base!

All the marriage and family talk reminded me of my absent husband (who was working to bring home the bacon) and how lucky I am to have him. I could not be happier than I am when I'm with him. So this post is dedicated to my wonderful, loving, caring, funny, sweet, handsome husband.

(Hopefully that didn't make you TOO sick to your stomach)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails