Jonathan . Mallory . Duke . Calvin

Its our life, and we love it.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Achilles Heel

Oatmeal Cookies.



We never have them in our house. I never make them. Because if I do, I know I will eat them.

But I wanted them so... I made a batch. With all good intentions of sharing with neighbors, friends, classmates. Good intentions often go awry. They are still at my house. Or at least the ones that are left. I'm taking them to my sister today. Getting them out of my house. Because I love them too much.

I altered the recipe on the lid of the Quaker Oats just a little, but enough that I can call them Mallory's Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies now.

1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup plus 6 tbsp softened butter with 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar on medium speed until creamy.

2. Add 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla; beat well.

3. Mix together 1&1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1tsp baking soda, 1tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp salt. Add to Sugar, egg & butter mixture. Mix well.

4. Add 2&1/2 cups uncooked oats and 3/4 cup raisins.

5. Drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheets.

6. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely (or eat while they are still gooey and warm, my recommendation).

Yeilds about 3 dozen cookies.



Enjoy! I'm not usually a sweets person, but the right oatmeal cookie and I'm ready for a cavity. Usually, I'm a french fry girl. What's your Achilles heel?

3 comments:

Improper Pastor said...

mine is mint chocolate chip ice cream!

lyndsay @ Mr & Mrs said...

i'm with you! love me some oatmeal cookies, and all other baked goods/breads for that matter. (french fries too!)

Mallory said...

Oh Matt, I just got some Thin Mints!!

Lyndsay, I also just got 13 bagels from Panera Bread and Samoas. I would say you're a girl after my own heart with the bread loving...

Related Posts with Thumbnails