Jonathan . Mallory . Duke . Calvin

Its our life, and we love it.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

America's High Five

Yes, I was in Michigan. For a week. A week without my hubby. A week where I drove all over the state, ran a marathon, attended a funeral, spent time with the few lucky people whose schedules worked with mine, stood up in a wedding, and slept very little.

I promise a week of Total Michigan Action, including a mile by mile account of my 26.2 mile jog (okay maybe not mile by mile... but nice and detailed nonetheless). But for today, I just want to share with you the beauty of Pure Michigan.

I haven't been in Michigan for it's amazing autumn for a very long time (4 years to be exact) so I wanted to soak in as much color as I could. And I did.

The drive up to Traverse City and back down to Michigan State did not disappoint. But in the middle of that mini road trip, there was Manistee.

Manistee, my first Fourth of July love. The best beach in the world. A warm, bright condo filled with grandparents. And lighthouses. Oh, how I love lighthouses.









Now do you see why I love Manistee so?? Ready for your own fall trip to the lighthouses? Stay tuned this week for more pictures and lore from my "trip" to Michigan. (It's a trip, not a vacation).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails