Jonathan . Mallory . Duke . Calvin

Its our life, and we love it.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pumpkins and gourds and pinecones... Oh my!


We've discussed this before. Fall is here, and we're all about embracing the change in seasons. I have brought out my boots again. I don't care that its a high of 90 today, I'm wearing my boots (thanks so much, Oklahoma, for the amazing fall weather).



We've had a few decor changes around the house as well, getting in the spirit of fall. We have pumpkins and less specific gourds scattered, pinecones hanging, and a new table runner to celebrate the season. As you may be able to tell, my decorating style is a bit minimal, so I stuck with that when adding the fall feel to our home.







We're still waiting for some great big white pumpkins and some Halloween decorations, but as we like fall in general, we wanted to make sure these new touches could carry on past October 31. What do you think? How do you change things up for this cool, crisp season? Do you decorate like us? Or go all out? Or maybe just a pumpkin spice candle does the trick (it does. It smells like fall every time I walk in my door). Any suggestions for me for some more simple fall decor?



PS I wanted to take a minute to acknowledge the fact that I have been neglecting you. You and this blog. It's been a whirlwind month, with my new job and all the amazing friends we've made, with finishing up marathon training and quizzing Jon on his flying procedures. I have been thinking of a better way to blog, and am playing with the idea of doing more weekend posts, rather than strictly weekday posts. So be on the lookout for more Saturday & Sunday posts from now on!

1 comment:

Annie said...

I never knew you had those boots!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails