Jonathan . Mallory . Duke . Calvin

Its our life, and we love it.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tired? Here's a placemat.

Just as a heads up. This post will make you uber-jealous of my creativity. But don't be. I stole, scratch that, took inspiration from this lady. She has about a million steal worthy and easy projects on her blog. And all that jealousy I save you a second ago? You can use it all on Katie.

Anyway, this project took me all of ten minutes while I was watching HGTV and waiting for Jon to get ready for the BBQ party we're going to this afternoon. The problem was that we had a few super cute placemats, but there were only three of them. So if we had anyone over for dinner (and lets face it, thats the only time the placemats come out) we had a one person cap. Not great for our millions of friends. Because we're popular.

So, I turned them into pillows to freshen up our monochromatic couch. And the result? Well I love it. What do you think??

BEFORE (Back when they were placemats)



And the fabulous AFTER

2 comments:

AJD ∞ said...

UGH. THIS IS SO GENIUS. No if only we had place mats. I guess buying place mats and making them into pillows is cheaper than buying throw pillows, right?!

Mallory said...

It totally is. Go to TJ Maxx, I found some cute ones in a pack of four for like $10. Or go to the thrift store, so cheap!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails