Jonathan . Mallory . Duke . Calvin

Its our life, and we love it.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year.

It's that time of the year again. It is a time to celebrate with friends and family. To remember how blessed we are. To remember how magical it can be.

Harry Potter Day.

For those of you who are closest to me, you know this past weekend was one of the most exciting weekends of my year. I couldn't sleep with anticipation. My wand was placed by my bedside with care. And visions of Crumple Horned Snorkack's were dancing in my head.

In our house, we celebrate many Harry Potter Days. July 31st, Harry's Birthday. November 19 (or July 15th, or whatever day he graces us with his big screen presence). Tuesday, since we read HP as we fall asleep. Last weekend held one of the big Harry Potter Days of 2010... The release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One.

And he did not disappoint. The movie was awesome. Followed the book amazingly. Full of amazing detail and adorable outfits (thank you, Hermione). Full of magic and love. Full of fright and tears. Amazing.

Now, it wouldn't be a Harry Potter Day without celebrating in our clothing, would it? So yes, the Hogwarts track jacket was brought out. And the Gryffindor scarf. And of course, a little DIY.

You'll remember last Sunday, I had a productive day. Making cork sticks and Christmas card displays (I'll send you our address, all you have to do is send your card this way!). Well, I hinted at one more DIY project.




Bonus points if you know what this is. Double bonus points if you knew what it was before you saw the movie.

So we traveled two hours to Tulsa, OK in order to see our beloved Weasley Family, Hermione, Harry, Hagrid, Dobby, Neville (even if it was short) and all the rest of our loves on the big, giant IMAX screen. Yes, you heard me right. Two hours. And it was totally worth it. Even if I did have to drive the whole way there.




So if you haven't seen it yet, grab your wand, pull on your Quiddich sweater and get to the nearest theater. If you need someone to see it with, fly me to wherever you are, and I will go. No questions asked.

And for those of you who have seen it, WHAT DID YOU THINK?!?!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails